Italian Ruscus Green Filler Flower
10 to 14 Day lead time is required on Ruscus
Italian Ruscus serves as wonderful decorative filler. The foliage is known for its award winning premium quality and long lasting vase life. Use Italian Ruscus by itself or combine it with any of our cut flowers to create unique and romantic wedding bouquets, table centerpieces or flower arrangements. Our greens are shipped fresh directly from the growers. Order online and ship along with the rest of your floral order.
To request an order or a price quote click on the (ORDER/QUOTE) tab at the top of this page and fill in the form.
Common Name: Italian Ruscus, Butcher’s Broom, Box Holly
Botanical Name: Ruscus aculeatus (RUS-cus ah-kew-lee-AH-tus)
Decorative Life: About 14 days.
Post Harvest Care:
• Remove bottom leaves if present, recut stems under water and place into water plus regular household bleach at 20 drops (1/4 teaspoon) per quart.
• Member of the Liliaceae (lily family).
• Native to Western Europe into the Mediterranean region.
• Relatives include asparagus, lily, hyacinth, Chlorogallum, Zigadenus, aloe and asparagus.
• Has sharp-pointed leaf-like stems or cladophylls, stiff and glossy along green and woody branches.
• Commercially they are cut to various lengths, bunched and distributed.
• Plant is an evergreen shrub, classed as a monocotyledon, leaves mostly parallel veined.
Flower Color: Not applicable.
Storage Specifics: Store at 34-41 F, up to 14 days dry and up to 3 weeks in water.